RETURN TO PREVIOUS PAGE
|The loss of a limb does not mean the loss of an active, independent lifestyle.
Tony may have lost his leg below the knee, but he didn’t have to lose his landscaping business or the outdoor activities he loves.
CarePartners has decades of experience helping people with amputation return to the activities they enjoy. We work closely with our patients to ensure they have the right device, the right fit and the right treatment program.
Our interdisciplinary team of experts includes certified prosthetists/orthotists (CPOs) as well as personal case managers, physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other experts who are highly trained and experienced in amputation.
State-of-the-art Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Outpatient Orthotics & Prosthetics Clinic
- Custom-designed prostheses for all levels of amputation
- Immediate Post-Operative Prostheses (IPOPs) for new amputees (inpatient only)
- Myoelectric Arm Prostheses, or artificial limbs powered by electronics
Expert Rehabilitation and Therapy
- CarePartners Rehabilitation Hospital – Inpatient rehabilitation and 24-hour care provided by a team of experts who work directly with your physicians and surgeons
- In-home personal care services – Assistance with everyday tasks at home, from running errands and shopping to full-time private duty nursing care
- Gait training and transfer training
- Physical therapy
- Edema management – Helping you control pain and properly fit your prosthesis
- Aquatic therapy – Improving your balance and strength even before you can put full weight on your prosthesis
Getting You Back to Your Life
- Occupational therapy – CarePartners occupational therapists can help you re-learn and practice the activities of daily life for greater independence
- Driver’s evaluation – Assessments, adaptive technology, and training to help you learn to drive for the first time or for the first time with a prosthesis
- Outpatient amputee clinics – Our clinics bring together all disciplines to provide a coordinated, comprehensive treatment plan
- Individualized patient education programs
- Upper Extremity Amputee Program – Helping patients learn how to navigate the unique challenges of daily life with an upper extremity amputation
Is CarePartners Right for You?
Contact us to learn more about our integrated orthotics, prosthetics and rehabilitation services for amputees at (828) 254-3392.
RETURN TO PREVIOUS PAGE