Rehabilitation Hospital Admission Criteria
If you are an adult or a teenager whose illness or injury prevents you from being able to perform at least two everyday activities (such as walking, eating, speaking or self-care), you may benefit from admission to the rehabilitation hospital.
To be admitted, patients must:
- Be 13 years of age or older
- Require a hospital level of care (24-hour nursing and physician availability)
- Be able to tolerate at least three hours of rehabilitation activities five days per week
- Have potential for significant improvement
- Need more intensive services than those provided by a skilled nursing facility
- Be able to learn new information or have a caregiver available for training
- Expect to be discharged in a timely manner once rehabilitation goals have been met
To find out more about inpatient rehabilitation at CarePartners, please call (828) 274-6151.